Thursday, September 26, 2013

Loving Brokenness.

Home Sweet Home. 

It has almost been two weeks in our new apartment, and I have never felt more at home. I was pretty nervous to move into a rough area like this... but the Lord has been amazing with calming my fears.  I feel like this apartment complex is my home now, and me and Katherine Taylor and our kids are one big happy family. We are starting to build relationships and a community is starting to grow. We love this place, and these people. Here are a few updates! 

Tutoring has begun here at Martin Park and the kids love it! Tutoring is on Tuesdays from 3:30-5:00, and they receive  a snack when they arrive, and hear a bible story before they leave! It is an incredible blessing for us to watch these kids succeed academically because in this area most kids are forgotten when it comes to education. 



We are thankful for college students that came out on Tuesday to be a friend, and a teacher. 

       My favorite part about being here is the fact that we get to be the church to the people here. We have already been able to meet and love on so many broken families. We have children that are abused, neglected, and go through nightmares on a daily basis.Being able to be a light for them, and love them in their broken state is the greatest blessing. We have become a safe haven for so many kids to run to, and the Lord is constantly teaching us. I stand amazed in his presence constantly because I can not believe he would choose me to do such a wonderful mission as this. Me and Katherine began to pray for Godly women who would pour into us on a daily basis, and instead of one person... we were blessed with three! These women are a blessing, and always point us to christ. They give us Godly advice, and pray for us faithfully. The Lord has overwhelmingly provided for us once again! It has been a rough and exhausting transition to live in a place like this, but it is so worth it. Our bodies are tired most days, and sometimes we don't really know what we are doing... but thank goodness God is in control and knows the plan for our lives. He was already in this apartment complex preparing hearts for our arrival, and he walks beside us everywhere. He comforts me in my brokenness, and tells me it's okay if I don't have all the answers. He constantly reminds me that all I am called to love the broken. If I can do just that on my worst days, I am doing something right. Love is not complicated here for us, it is the most freeing feeling in the world. You love them, and they love you back even stronger. This heals us more than it heals them. The Lord is so gracious and we are so undeserving, but I am so thankful he loves my brokenness, and uses it for his glory.

Things you can pray for:
1. Our tutoring program and women's bible study every week. 
2. That our financial needs will be met.
3. Pray that our kids will be a light in their schools. 
4. Pray for me and Katherine as we build this community, and make relationships. 

Thank you all for supporting the ministry, and for loving and praying for me! I will post more updates soon! 



"We love each other because he first loved us first."-1 John 4:19



















No comments:

Post a Comment